General Ledger Accountant
Our client, an international company based in Leuven is currently looking for a G/L Accountant.
Responsible for the accounting transactions for the European entities as they result from the business, including their integrity, documentation and respect of accounting policies and internal control requirements.
This includes the reconciliations of all balance sheet items , and of the sub systems such as sales, fixed assets, accounts payable & accruals, accounts receivable, intercompany transactions and cash accounting, currency conversions and revaluations .
Responsible for month-end closing activities, validation of the results with the local entities and reporting of the financial statements to the Corporation.
• Prepare and process all journal entries in the ledgers
• Prepare and execute all month end closing activities , including reconciliations and reporting of the financial statements
• Accurately track corporate assets and maintain the fixed assets accounts (additions, depreciations, disposals)
• Report timely and accurate financial statements & accounting information in accordance with appropriate accounting principles
• Participate in inventory, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other areas of the G/L in close coordination with local site finance manager
• Provide and participate in the explanations of the financial statements when required
• Ensure compliance of all accounting transactions and activities of the businesses in accordance with appropriate global accounting standards (policies, processes, procedures, work instructions)
• Participate in special projects and ad-hoc accounting / financial activities as required
• Accuracy / attention to detail
• Good organizational skills and ability to work autonomously
• Flexible and available
• Team Minded
• Fluent in English
• Knowledge of standard accounting principles
• Computer literate (MS Office, Lotus Notes, Finance module of an ERP system)
• Familiarity with general ledger, financial reports and analysis
• Bachelor ("A1") or similar qualification in accounting or finance
• 1 - 3 years of professional experience, preferably in a multinational environment
Are you interested and does your profile match with the one mentioned above? Please send your CV to email@example.com with the reference and the job title. One of our consultants will contact you as soon as possible.